<$BlogRSDURL$>

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

"I'll be Back!" 

No matter how hard I try and say it I just can't get it out like Arnold in Terminator

Serious blogging will be light these next few days as I've been out working for our local Republicans. Specifically, I've been out stumping for Congressman Frank Wolf, 10th District VA (GOP, of course). He's in a fight with a rich Democrat carpetbagger, James Socas, who just moved here from California.

For awhile I'd seen too many Socas signs for comfort. Some of his radio commercials also annoyed me, but I thought "Frank's been in office for over twenty years. This is such a conservative area that the Democrats usually don't even put up a challenger. He'll win no problem."

And then Socas went too far.

In one radio commercial he accused Frank Wolf of associating with those "religious extremists".

You see, my mom, sister and her husband go to the same church as Frank Wolf did. I went there too until I moved to a neighboring town. My father (who has since passed away) knew Frank Wolf. My mother (who is mayor of her town. Yeah mom!) knows him.

I said enough is enough. Blogging is all very fine and good but it's time for action.

So blogging may be a bit light until the election, but not to worry, for I'll be back!
|
Comments: Post a Comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by
HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Delete Reply Forward Spam